What is This Groove Around the Back of This Chair?

Have a questions on finishing, refinishing, or restoring <br />wood furniture or cabinetry? This is the place to ask!

Moderators: AsonnyA, Bob Boardman

Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:51 am

What is This Groove Around the Back of This Chair?

Postby QuiteRandomMel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Hello!! I rescued this chair from the side of the road & I am trying to refinish it. Can anyone help me identify what the groove is that runs along the back of the chair? It's about 1/2 inches wide & 1/4 inches deep. Lots of little holes in it, perhaps from staples or tacks. Is this for decorative tacks? I am trying to make a frame for the back of the seat by hand, but I'm confused what role this little groove plays in the upholstery of this chairback. Any advice is welcome! Thank you :D

Sorry for the quality of the photos but unfortunately I had to downgraded the quality by a lot in order to meet the upload requirements. I can email higher quality pics if needed.
20201223_110148.jpg (12.8 KiB) Viewed 762 times
20201223_110310.jpg (11.96 KiB) Viewed 762 times

Return to “Q&A Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests