Go to the Portal
Home  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check PMs  •  Log in  •  Portal
View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check PMsView next topic
tim
Newcomer
Newcomer

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:50 pm  Post subject:  metal drop leaf table top Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

I have an old drop leaf kitchen table that has a metal top to it. The base and legs are wood with a small drawer in it. There is a small metal tag that looks like it's been painted over below the drawer opening, which might be a manufacturer's tag. The top is white with blue trim. It's mostly in good condition except one area on the edge that's worn straight down to the metal. I would like to refinish this in the same style and colors (white legs, white base, white top w/ blue trim) that it originally had. I got it from my wife's mother, who said it was her mother's in Trenton, NJ. Does anyone have any idea how I might go about stripping and refinishing the metal top and/or who made this? It has what looks like a glossy sprayed-on milk-white finish with a medium blue edge trim. Thanks. I will post some pictures sometime this weekend.

Gender:Male  OfflinePersonal Gallery of timView user's profileSend private message
AsonnyA
Refinish/Repair Wiz
Refinish/Repair Wiz

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 am  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Google "enamel table top" and "repair enamel coating"

I've never done anything as that.

Sonny

Gender:Male  OfflinePersonal Gallery of AsonnyAView user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check PMsView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic